Friday, September 2, 2011

Learning to let God have me

It's Day 5 of Made to Crave... and I'm learning.  It's becoming painfully obvious that God is not finished with me yet even at my tender age of being a great-grandmother.

Today's lesson from the book: "We are taught to remain in God's love so that we won't tie our HAPPY to anything but God. So that our joy will be complete.  Complete. As in not lacking anything. Complete. As in filled up to the brink with joy no matter if we are wearing our skinny jeans or not. Complete...."

For most of my adult life, my HAPPY has been tied to my weight.  There, I've said it.  The number on the scale was EVERYTHING to me.  As I read Lysa's book and think back on my own experience, I realize what a pathetic confession I'm making.  It's only a number. A number that nobody else in the whole world need ever know. And yet it was my #1 thought and my #1 aggravation.  Pretty shallow when you put it like that, huh?

Today I am seeing myself in a new way.  Today I accept myself as a child of the King, and, as such, entitled to the riches He would like to shower upon me.  The riches of His love, His mercy, His compassion, His comfort, His wisdom, His Everything. 

It's only Day 5.  And I'm on a journey to become what He wants me to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment